September is National Biscuit Month!
It’s time to get baking; September is all about biscuits!
In celebration of our favorite month of the year, we’ve created a biscuit-a-day calendar to help your kitchens delight patrons this fall. From comfort-style entrées to breakfast creations and tempting desserts, take a peek here to find inspiration for your next menu hit.
The 411 on Biscuits
It’s no surprise that biscuits have been a guest favorite for decades: consumers love their delicate, flakey texture and mouthwatering flavor, while their versatility across dayparts and menu categories makes them a go-to choice for operators. Over the past five years, Chicken Biscuits have grown an impressive 73%, while time-honored Buttermilk Biscuits have also gained: +20%.
Biscuit Pairings: What’s Trending
- Artisan Accents: smoked cheddar, brie, prosciutto, fig preserves, or housemade pepper jelly
- Flavorful: hot sauce, pickled onions, apple butter, and “everything” spice accompaniments
- Distinctively Southern: Nashville Hot, fried green tomatoes, pimento cheese
- Hearty Accompaniments: bowls, shrimp & grits, pot pies married with biscuits
- Dessert Renditions: cobblers, French toast flavored, glazed sweet biscuits, fried biscuit dough
The Perfect Menu Partner
Looking for a new biscuit recipe to liven up your menu? Consider Biscuit-topped Chicken Pot Pie (chg.com) for a comfort-style, indulgent fall dish, Mediterranean Chicken Sandwiches (chg.com) for an on-trend lunch or dinner option, or Old Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits topped with Sausage Gravy (chg.com) for a taste of the south. C.H. Guenther offers an extensive line of biscuit offerings, from simple mixes to thaw & serve and ready-to-heat options in a wide variety of shapes, flavors and formats. What’s more, we source only the best grade wheat and mill our own grains so you can count on top-notch quality in easy-to-use, labor-saving formats. Simply click here for more details on our comprehensive line, or contact us atf email@example.com.