Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- 1 lb. Conestoga® Sweet Cream Pancake and Waffle Mix
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 1 20 oz. can Pineapple slices (rounds)
- 1½ cup Cool water
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup Oil
- Heat oven to 300°F. Put butter in cake pan and place in oven for 1-2 minutes to melt. Spray the sides of the pan with oil to coat.
- When butter is melted remove from oven and sprinkle brown sugar evenly on bottom of pan.
- Place the pineapple rings on the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare the Sweet Cream Pancake Mix batter with eggs and oil per package directions for waffles.
- Pour batter over pineapple rings evenly in the cake pan.
- Bake in 350°F (325°F convection) oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes, then using a paring knife, release all edges from the side of the pan. Invert cake onto sheet tray or serving platter (leave the pan inverted for a few minutes to transfer juices to the cake).