Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich
- 1 lb. Pioneer® Pre-Dip Batter Mix (216558), prepared
- 3 cups Pioneer® All Purpose Batter and Breading Mix (216555)
- 24 Conestoga® Simple-Split Biscuits (3047), thawed
- 2 cups Maple syrup
- 4 Tbsp. Hot sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Cayenne pepper, ground
- 24 Chicken tenders
- 48 Pickled jalapeños, sliced
- Preheat convection oven and fryer to 350°F.
- Prepare 1 lb. (small batch) of Pioneer® Pre-Dip Batter Mix according to package instructions. Set aside in a medium bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, place 3 cups of dry Pioneer® All Purpose Batter and Breading Mix.
- Place the thawed Conestoga® Simple-Split Biscuits on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in the oven for 4–6 minutes, or until golden brown. Split biscuits into two halves and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the maple syrup, hot sauce, butter, and cayenne pepper. Stir the mixture constantly until it simmers. Take it off the heat and set aside.
- Pre-dust the chicken tenders in the dry all-purpose mix, shake off excess, and then dip into the wet pre-dip. Then, place the tenders back into the dry all-purpose mix and shake off excess. Repeat for all tenders. Fry the chicken tenders for 4 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place a fried chicken tender (either cut in half or served whole) on the bottom piece of the biscuit, drizzle the spicy syrup on the chicken, garnish with pickled jalapeño slices, and cover with the biscuit top and serve.
- Conestoga® Classic Whole Grain Simple Split Biscuits (215812)
- Conestoga® Reduced Sodium Classic Simple Split Biscuits (219413)
- Conestoga® Breading & Batter Mix (99457)
- Morrison's® Breading Mix (00772)