Southwestern Cream Sauce
- 1 bag Pioneer® Cream Soup Base & Sauce Starter Mix, prepared
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Red onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 4 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice from 8 limes
- Sauté onions in butter until translucent. Add to prepared soup base.
- Add cumin and chili powder and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve over poultry, pasta, or rice.