Southwest Cornbread Pie
- 2 qts. Pioneer® Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix (94545), prepared
- 2 lbs. Pioneer® Deluxe Cornbread Mix (213513)
- ¼ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Onions, peeled and diced
- 4 Poblano peppers, diced
- 1 lb. Cooked chicken, pulled or rotisserie
- 4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 1 bunch Cilantro, washed and chopped
- Preheat convection oven to 350˚F with high fan and prepare two half hotel pans with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare Pioneer® Roasted Chicken Gravy per package instructions. Measure 2 quarts and set aside (use the remaining gravy in another recipe).
- In a sauté pan, add oil and sauté onions and poblanos until softened. Add chicken, garlic, and cilantro and sauté for one minute longer. Divide evenly between prepared hotel pans.
- Divide prepared gravy evenly into prepared hotel pans with chicken mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Pour 19 oz. of cool water into a mixing bowl. Add Pioneer® Deluxe Cornbread Mix and mix with a spoon until combined. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans and spread it on top of the chicken and gravy mixture.
- Bake 18–20 minutes, until golden brown, and serve.
- Pioneer® Chicken Gravy Mix (94560)
- Pioneer® Low Sodium Roasted-Chicken Gravy Mix made with Whole Grain (212645)
- Conestoga® Low Sodium Poultry Gravy Mix (99488)
- Pioneer® Cornbread Mix (94218)
- Conestoga® Cornbread Mix (99408)
- Morrison's® Country Style Cornbread Mix (00750 or 07767)
- Morrison's® Complete Home Style Cornbread Mix (00757)
- Morrison's® Green Label Cornbread Mix (07271)