Southwest Chicken Bowls
- 12½ cups Brown rice, parboiled
- 1 cup Cooking oil
- 21 cups Bell pepper, diced
- 10 ½ cups Onions, diced
- 26 cups Chicken, diced, cooked
- 16 cups Black beans, low-sodium, canned, drained
- 1½ Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1½ tsp. Cumin, ground
- 6 ¼ cups Pioneer® Cheese Sauce Mix (94335), prepared
- 6 ¼ cups Cornbread, crumbled*
- Prepare rice as directed; set aside and hold at over 165°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and cook for about 10 minutes, or until green peppers are tender and onions have begun to brown. Stir in chicken, black beans, chili powder, and cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Hold, maintaining the temperature over 165°F.
- Prepare Pioneer® Cheese Sauce Mix according to package directions. Hold, maintaining the temperature over 165°F and using the prepared cheese sauce for multiple recipes.
- Portion ½ cup rice per bowl. Top with ¾ cup chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons cheese sauce, and 2 tablespoons cornbread crumbles.
- Pioneer® Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix (94358)
- Morrison's® Green Label Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix (07269)
- Pioneer® Deluxe Cornbread Mix (213513)
- Pioneer® Cornbread Mix (94218)
- Conestoga® Cornbread Mix (99408)
- Morrison's® Country Style Cornbread Mix (00750 or 07767)
- Morrison's® Complete Home Style Cornbread Mix (00757)
- Morrison's® Green Label Cornbread Mix (07271)