Southern-Style Chicken Penne Pasta
- 1 bag Pioneer® Southern-Style Chicken Gravy Mix, prepared
- 4 lbs. Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 lbs. Butter, melted
- 5 lbs. Chicken (white or dark meat), cooked, cubed
- 5 lbs. Penne pasta
- 3 lbs. Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 lbs. Bacon, cooked, chopped
- 30 oz. Baby spinach, fresh
- 2 bunches Green onions, chopped
- In a large skillet or rondo, sauté mushrooms in butter until golden brown.
- Add chicken and prepared gravy to mushrooms. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Hold at 165°F during service.
- For each order, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain thoroughly.
- Add desired amount of pasta to a bowl and add cherry tomatoes, bacon, and spinach. Ladle on desired amount of gravy mixture and toss. Serve with green onions as a garnish.