Roasted Chicken with Herbed Gravy and Green Beans
- 14 oz. Pioneer® Low Sodium Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix Made with Whole Grain (212645 )
- 4 qt. Water
- 1 ½ tsp. Dried oregano
- 32 ½ cups Cooked green beans
- 65 Chicken Drum Sticks
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a full rolling boil.
- Combine 1 quart of cool tap water, 1 package Pioneer® Low Sodium Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix Made with Whole Grain and dried oregano in a separate container. Mix with a wire whisk until lump free.
- Pour water and gravy mix blend into boiling water.
- Stir until gravy returns to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Pour gravy into serving container and maintain gravy temperature at 165°F during service.
- Cook green beans to desired tenderness. Place cooked beans into a serving container and maintain at 165°F during service.
- Season chicken drum sticks lightly with salt and pepper. Roast in 350°F oven until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- For each serving, place 1 cooked chicken drum stick on a plate and ladles 2 to 4 ounces of prepared gravy onto chicken. Add side of approximately 1/2 cup green beans.
- Pioneer® Roasted-Chicken Gravy Mix (94545)
- Pioneer® Chicken Gravy Mix (94560)
- Conestoga® Low Sodium Poultry Gravy Mix (99488, 2 bags)