Mint & Sweet Pea Soup
- 1 bag Pioneer® Cream Soup Base & Sauce Starter Mix
- 5 qt. Chicken stock, divided
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 4 Shallots, large, diced small
- 4 lb. Peas, frozen
- 4 oz. Mint leaves (8 bunches, approximately 2 cups packed)
- White pepper
- Prepare soup base according to package directions, using 4 qt. of chicken stock in place of water. Set aside remaining stock.
- Sauté shallots in butter until translucent. Add to prepared soup base.
- Simmer peas in remaining chicken stock until warmed through. Add to gravy mixture.
- Add mint leaves and use an immersion blender to purée soup.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with a drizzle of sour cream and croutons.