Mexican Beer Hushpuppies
- 2 lbs. Pioneer® Hushpuppy Mix (216561)
- 2½ cups Mexican beer
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican corn, drained
- 2 Tbsp. Chipotle en adobo, chopped
- 1 qt. Sour cream
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Preheat deep fryer to 350℉.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the Pioneer® Hushpuppy Mix with the Mexican beer, onion, and Mexican corn. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the chipotle, sour cream, and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- With a #70 scoop (½ oz.), drop the hushpuppy batter into hot oil and fry for 2–3 minutes, or until hushpuppies float and are golden brown and crisp. Allow excess oil to drain.
- Serve the hushpuppies with the chipotle dipping sauce on the side.
- Morrison's® Hushpuppy Mix (07812)