Creamy Pasta Pomodoro
- 5 qts. White mushrooms, fresh, quartered
- 5 qts. Zucchini, fresh, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into ¼- inch slices
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 16 oz. Pioneer® Alfredo Sauce Mix (94341)
- 2 qts. Water
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 4 cups Diced canned tomatoes, drained, juice reserved
- 5 lbs. Whole wheat spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine vegetables and oil in a large bowl; toss until well coated.
- Divide the vegetables evenly onto sheet pans, spreading them into single layers on the pans. Roast for 15 minutes, or until browned and softened. Remove from oven and keep warm.
- Combine reserved juice from the canned tomatoes with water to yield 2 quarts of liquid.
- Heat tomato water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until it begins to simmer (190°F).
- Slowly add 1 package of Pioneer® Alfredo Sauce Mix, the Italian seasoning, and garlic powder, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, stir in tomatoes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions while preparing the sauce. Drain and toss with sauce. Hold in steam table to a minimum temperature of 165°F.
- Place a generous cup of pasta and sauce on a plate. Top with ½ cup vegetables. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve with a side salad, if desired.