Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- 1 bag Pioneer® Southern Style Chicken Gravy Mix (233537), prepared
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Onions, chopped
- 4 cups Celery, chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Carrots, grated
- 5 cups Wild rice, cooked
- ¾ cup White wine (optional)
- 2 tsp. Thyme, fresh
- 2 tsp. White pepper, ground
- Melt butter in an 8-quart stock pot. Sauté onions, celery, carrots, and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Combine gravy, vegetables, rice, chicken, and wine, stirring well.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Thin with additional water or stock if needed.
- Add fresh thyme in last 5 minutes of simmer.