Chilled Avocado & Cucumber Soup
- 1 bag Pioneer® Old Fashioned Biscuit Gravy Mix (94706), prepared
- 4 Leeks
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 cups White wine
- 8 Cucumbers, large, peeled, chopped, seeds removed
- 4 Avocados, large, skin removed
- 4 cups cups Sour cream
- Shrimp as garnish, peeled, cooked
- Black pepper
- Slice leeks, discarding the outer green leaves. Wash thoroughly using a colander. Sauté in butter until soft. Remove from pan.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine. Add liquid to the gravy.
- Purée cucumbers and leeks in food processor until smooth. Add to gravy.
- Purée avocado until smooth. Add to gravy mixture.
- Whisk in sour cream. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Chill soup for 2–4 hours.
- Serve garnished with cucumber slices, avocado slices, shrimp, and a dollop of sour cream.