Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1 qt. Pioneer® Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix (94545), prepared
- 20 Chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup Vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Dry white wine
- ¼ cup Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Thyme leaves, fresh
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Preheat convection oven to 350℉.
- Prepare Pioneer® Roasted Chicken Gravy Mix according to package instructions. Reserve 3 quarts of the gravy for another use and set 1 remaining quart aside.
- Cut each piece of chicken in half, then lightly brush with some of the vegetable oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Place chicken thighs on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 165℉.
- Add the remaining vegetable oil to a large sauté pan and cook the mushrooms over high heat until golden brown.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Then, add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add white wine and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the butter and thyme leaves to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved 1 quart of gravy and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Add the heavy cream to the mushroom sauce and stir to combine. Serve the sauce over the cooked chicken and serve any extra sauce on the side.
- Pioneer® Chicken Gravy Mix (94560)
- Pioneer® Low Sodium Roasted-Chicken Gravy Mix made with Whole Grains (212645)
- Conestoga® Low Sodium Poultry Gravy Mix (99488)