Cajun Mushroom Sauce
- 1 bag Pioneer® Southern-Style Chicken Gravy Mix, prepared
- 40 oz. Vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning (adjust to taste)
- 4 lbs. Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 lbs. Butter, melted
- 3 Shallots, large, minced
- Add vegetable stock and seasoning and simmer for5 minutes, stirring frequently (add more or less stock to obtain desired consistency).
- In a large skillet or rondo, sauté mushrooms in butter until golden brown. Add shallots and sauté a few minutes more. Add to prepared gravy. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes more, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Hold at 165°F during service.