Brussels Sprouts with Cider Gravy
- 11.3 oz. Pioneer® Pork Roast Gravy Mix (94551)
- 2 qts. Apple cider, divided
- 4 lbs. Brussels sprouts, cut in half lengthwise
- ¾ cups Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Thyme, dried
- Bring 3 quarts of water to boil in a large sauce pan.
- Measure 1 quart of apple cider into a 4-quart pitcher or large bowl, then add entire contents of Pioneer® Pork Roast Gravy Mix to make a slurry. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- When water has reached a full rolling boil, add slurry mixture to boiling water. Whisk to combine and return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for one minute.
- Measure 1 quart of prepared gravy and set aside (use the remaining gravy in another recipe).
- Divide the olive oil between two large sauté pans and then fill the bottom of the pans with as many cut side-down Brussels sprouts as will fit. Add the remaining Brussels sprouts on top. Season with salt.
- Turn flame to medium-high and sear the Brussels sprouts until deeply colored brown and black. Stir to sear other Brussels sprouts, continuing to sear until most are a deep brown.
- Add remaining quart of apple cider and 1 quart of prepared gravy to pans with Brussels sprouts and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, until nearly all liquid has evaporated, gravy is thick, and Brussels sprouts are soft.
- Garnish with thyme.
- Pioneer® Pork Gravy Mix (94293)
- Pioneer® Light Brown Gravy Mix (94541)