Beef Tamale Bowl
- 5 lbs. Pioneer® Whole Grain Corn Bread Mix (212643)
- 6 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 6 cups Chopped onion
- 6 cups Chopped bell pepper
- 12 lb. Ground beef
- ¾ cup Taco seasoning
- ¾ cup Flour
- 12 cups Low sodium salsa
- 72 cups Shredded lettuce
- Prepare Pioneer® Whole Grain Corn Bread according to package directions. Cool and cut into 72 servings, 6 lengthwise and 12 widthwise.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil, onions and peppers, sauté until soft. Add ground beef and cook until beef is fully cooked and is broken into small pieces.
- Drain excess fat from beef mixture and return to skillet. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Place 1 cup lettuce into the bottom of a bowl. Top with 1⁄2 cup beef mixture and 1 piece corn bread to serve.
- Pioneer® Cornbread Mix (94218)
- Pioneer® Deluxe Cornbread Mix (213513)
- Conestoga® Cornbread Mix (99408)
- Morrison's® Country Style Cornbread Mix (00750, or 5 lbs. of 07767)
- Morrison's® Complete Home Style Cornbread Mix (00757)
- Morrison's® Green Label Cornbread Mix (07271)