Baja-Style Fried Shrimp Tacos
- 24 Pioneer® White Wings® Tortilla De Oro balls (213975), thawed
- 2 lbs. Pioneer® Seafood Breader (216560)
- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Red onion, small diced
- 2 Limes, juiced
- ½ head Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 oz. Mayo
- 2 Chipotle en adobo, puréed
- 2 lbs. Shrimp, medium, peeled and deveined
- Preheat deep fryer to 350℉.
- Press and cook the thawed Pioneer® White Wings® Tortilla de Oro dough balls and hold in an air-tight container to keep warm.
- For the pico de gallo, toss together the tomatoes, cilantro, and red onion in a large bowl. Season with the lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, toss the cabbage with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- To make the chipotle mayo, whisk together the mayo and chipotle purée in a separate bowl. Put the chipotle mayo into a squeeze bottle.
- In a separate bowl, add about 2 lbs. of Pioneer® Seafood Breader to dust the shrimp in, reserving the remainder for another use, then shake off the excess. In batches, fry the shrimp for 2–3 minutes, until crisp.
- To build the tacos, layer the tortillas with shredded cabbage, freshly fried shrimp, pico de gallo, and then top with a drizzle of chipotle mayo.