Apple Streusel Muffins
- 5 lbs. Pioneer® Whole Grain Muffin Mix (212665)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Margarine
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- 6 cups Chopped Apple, skin on (approximately 4 medium)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (350°F for convection oven). Spray insides of muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and margarine in a medium bowl until mixture forms a streusel. Set aside.
- Place water and applesauce in mixing bowl. Add Pioneer® Whole Grain Muffin Mix to bowl.
- Mix with paddle attachment on speed #1 for 30 seconds.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl and the paddle with a rubber spatula.
- Add chopped apple. Mix for an additional minute.
- Fill each muffin mold with 3 ounces of batter (by weight) using a #12 scoop or until within ½ inch of the top. Sprinkle each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the reserved streusel mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through (20 minutes for convection oven).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from pans.