Adult Mac n' Cheese
- 29 oz. Pioneer® Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix (94358), prepared
- 2 lbs. Pasta shells (small), cooked and drained
- 1 lb. Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 lbs. Frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 bunch Scallions, green parts only, chopped for garnish
- Preheat convection oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the Pioneer® Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix according to package instructions. Reserve 2 quarts of the sauce for another use and set aside remaining 2 quarts.
- Cook the pasta shells according to package instructions in well-salted water. Once the shells are al dente, drain them well and toss with the thawed peas in a large mixing bowl
- While the pasta is cooking, crisp the bacon in a large sauté pan or in a 350°F convection oven. Roughly chop the bacon when cooled.
- Pour the reserved 2 quarts of cheese sauce over the pasta and peas, add the cooked bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Toss well, making sure the cheese melts.
- Finish the pasta dish with the heavy cream, mixing well, and season with salt to taste. Garnish the pasta with the green scallion tops and serve.
- Pioneer® Cheese Sauce Mix (94335)
- Morrison's® Green Label Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix (07269)
- For a spicy alternative, substitute Pioneer® Nacho Cheese Sauce Mix (94331)!