Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
- 24 Conestoga® Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits (3050)
- ¼ cup Butter, softened
- 1 qt. Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 8 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Milk, whole
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare 4-inch half hotel pan with softened butter by smearing it all over the bottom and sides of pan.
- Cut Conestoga® Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits (thawed or frozen) into 1-inch squares and put into buttered 4-inch half hotel pan and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract; whisk to combine. Heat pan over medium flame and whisk every 30 seconds for 2–3 minutes, or until liquid starts to boil. Immediately shut flame off before liquid boils over.
- In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs with milk and whisk to combine. Then, carefully and slowly, gradually add the hot heavy cream from the saucepan to the large bowl with eggs, whisking constantly. Start with small amounts of liquid and lots of whisking, then gradually add the rest of the hot liquid to the bowl, while whisking.
- Add ground cinnamon, whisk. Then, pour liquid over the diced biscuits in the buttered casserole dish or hotel pan.
- Place pan in cooler, covered, for 30 minutes to allow liquid to be absorbed by the biscuit cubes.
- Bake dish in 350°F oven for 30–40 minutes, or until internal temperature is 145°F.
- After resting for 15–20 minutes, serve warm or cover and store in cooler.