Southwestern Egg Muffin Sandwich
- 5 lbs. Pioneer® Whole Grain Muffin Mix (212665)
- 9½ cups Whole eggs
- ¾ cup Reduced fat milk
- ½ lb. Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1½ cups Low sodium salsa
- Prepare muffins according to package directions using a #16 scoop (2 ounces by weight); set aside to cool after baking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two, 2-inch-deep, full hotel pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and milk together. Stir in cheese shreds. Divide mixture evenly between pans. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until eggs are set. Cut each pan into 30 pieces–cutting 6 pieces from the long side of the pan and 5 pieces from the short side.
- Split muffins in half horizontally. Place 1 piece of egg onto the bottom of each biscuit. Top with 1½ teaspoon salsa and a muffin top. Serve immediately or keep warm until service.