Biscuit Thins with Hummus and Veggie Dippers
- 5 cups Water
- 1 bag Pioneer® Whole Grain Biscuit Mix (212624)
- 1½ tsp. Dried oregano
- Flour As needed
- 32 cups Prepared hummus
- 32 cups Carrot sticks
- 192 pieces Celery sticks or green bell pepper strips
- Preheat conventional oven to 450°F (convection oven 375°F).
- Pour 5 cups of cool water into a 12-quart mixing bowl and add 5 lb. (1 bag) of Whole Grain Biscuit Mix and dried oregano.
- Mix with a paddle on low speed #1 for 1 minute. Mix on #2 for 30 sec. (Add additional ½ cup water if dough seems dry. Mix an additional 30 seconds on #1.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead lightly. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 16 x 18 x ¼-inch rectangle. Cut into 3 pieces length-wise and 16 pieces widthwise to yield 96 1 x 3-inch pieces from each rectangle.
- Place on lightly oiled or paper lined sheet pan with a little room between each biscuit thin. Bake in preheated conventional oven for 10 to 12 minutes, 8 to 10 minutes in a convection oven.
- Place 1⁄2 cup hummus, 1⁄2 cup carrot sticks, 3 celery sticks and 3 biscuit thins on 17 each plate for service.